[mythtv-users] Nvidia 8174 driver released

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:12:34 EST 2005

Just confirming more of the same: I updated to 8174 as well and I played
back "Star Wars II" (broadcast a couple weeks ago), it was broadcast in
1280x720.  I played it back over a 10 minute period and saw solid 100% cpu
usage (AMD64 939pin 3200+, 5700 ultra) and occasional hiccups in the video.
I reverted back to 7676 and cpu usage dropped to 50% during the same 10
minute selection, without a stutter.  Tis' a shame, I liked the DPI option
they threw in there, much better than guessing with the crappy mm numbers.
:)

-Greg