[mythtv-users] STAY AWAY FROM WI-FI !!!

Andy Rabin andy.rabin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:19:23 EST 2005

On 12/8/05, Ben Dash <ben_dash at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Richard Bronosky wrote:
> > I'm actually hoping to look into this solution to
> > create a semi-WAN
> > between my home and my in-laws home across the cul
> > de sac.  If I can get
> > good enough speeds, I'm going to try to share my
> > MythTV backend with them.
>
> Do you get "Everybody Loves Raymond" there?
>
> http://www.everybodylovesray.com
>
> :-)
>
> You might not want to share that show lest they get
> any ideas...

An alternative, open source solution that i've been using, since I was
having a hard time getting the wireless NIC going in Linux, is this:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/

and more specifically:

http://wrt-wiki.bsr-clan.de/index.php?title=Wireless_Bridge

Let the two wireless routers do all the work, and a simple 3' cable
and standard wired network card.

Andy