[mythtv-users] What's your recording file size?

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:55:41 EST 2005

korebantic wrote:

>I'm getting a bit lost in the settings with MythTv -- where do you
>setup automatic transcoding? I figured out how to transcode after a
>recording has already occured...

One way is in the job settings section of the recording options.
When you go to schedule a new recording, there is a section called "job
options" or "post recording processing" or something to that effect in
the recording options menu.  You can set a job over there.
The main way to do it from the mythtv settings is inside recording
profiles though.
On one page of the recording profile you are setting up (recording
profiles is under settings>TV settings> recording profiles
There is a checkbox for "automatically transcode.
Raphael