[mythtv-users] Buffalo Network Storage?

Jonathan Tidmore jtidmore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 15:48:15 EST 2005

I've been looking for a RAID-5 NAS solution myself.  I was leaning toward
making my own NAS (slower box with a raid-5 card and slap Linux on it to
nfs/smb/http/ftp share).  But then I found the ReadyNAS 600.  Looks nice.
Reviews are spectacular.  It is a bit pricy.  The only downside is it only
takes 4 drives.  Was hoping to find a 5 disk RAID-5 + 1 hot spare solution.

Tom's Hardware did a comparison between the TerraStation and the ReadyNAS
and the ReadyNAS blew the TerraStation away most times.

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Reviews-217-ProdID-H2H5.php

On 12/8/05, Nathan Hesson <nhesson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck using a *Buffalo* TerraStation as Recording
> storage.  It can be mounted via smb but the reviews i have read say it is
> kinda slow.
> Nathan

Jonathan Tidmore