[mythtv-users] Choppy video

Stephen Kirkby mail at stephenkirkby.co.uk
Sat Dec 10 16:06:08 EST 2005

Hi,

I've been running myth fine for about a year now, but have recently
wired up the spdif out to my new amp.  All works well on almost all
programmes, but I've encountered one or two that give choppy jerky
video, until I select the second sound track at which point things play
ok again.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this, or how to resolve it?

I tried playing the suspect video in mplayer and it played perfectly.
So then I tried demuxing and remuxing the video (using projectx and
mplex) and playing back through myth - it was better than before but
still choppy.

I'm using alsa if this gives anyone clues.

Thanks

Steve