[mythtv-users] PAL tv output PVR350; X display screen size is to small

Cudeso MailList cudeso4list at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 07:02:30 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm using a freshly installed MythTV on Gentoo Linux, running kernel 2.6.14
with ivtv 0.4.0-r2. I'm using a Hauppauge 350. Watching live tv and
recordings is no problem through the "tv-out" of the PVR350.

However, when I display "mythfrontend" on the X-display (which is directed
through the tv-out to my tv) or when I display the "electronic program
guide" while watching live-tv, the screen size is a little bit wrong. The
actual displayed screen is smaller than what X thinks so I lose a couple of
pixels on the "sides". Enough pixles though so that the EPG and the menus
from mythfrontend become unusuable.

Any hints on how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

This is a part of my xorg.conf and modules ivtv.

---- xorg.conf ---
Section "Monitor"
   Identifier "PAL Monitor"
   HorizSync 30-68
   VertRefresh 50-120
   Mode "720x576"
    DotClock 41.476
    HTimings 720 752 840 928
    VTimings 576 580 584 600
    Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
   EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Hauppauge PVR 350"
#    Driver "fbdev"
    Driver "ivtvdev"
    Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
    BusID "PCI:2:2:0"
#    Driver "fbdev"
#    Option "ivtv" "/dev/fb1"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "TV Screen"
    Device "Hauppauge PVR350"
    Monitor "PAL Monitor"
    DefaultDepth 24
    DefaultFbbpp 32
    Subsection "Display"
      Depth 24
      FbBpp 32
      Modes "720x576"
    EndSubsection
EndSection

--- modules.d/ivtv ----
alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
alias char-major-81-1   ivtv
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
options tuner type=5 pal=1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner