[mythtv-users] XBox Media Center Question

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Dec 12 11:13:35 EST 2005

Andrew Close wrote:
> On 12/11/05, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
>
>> Robert Anderson wrote:
>>

> <snip/>
>

>> XBMC is amazing, I can do everything except watch live tv, which
>> isn't a big deal, so now I have a useable XBox, the only thing it
>> doesn't have is timestretch and commercial skip, but as this is a
>> secondary box, I can live with it.
>>

> bummer, i didn't think about those features.  commercial skip doesn't
> bug me so much cause you can zip through them with FF or little jumps.
>  but timestretch, that's one of my favorite features. :)  i love
> showing that off to my firends and family that think Tivo is the cat's
> meow.  i can watch three episodes of Modern Marvels in the time that
> one would normally play.
> oh well, my MythBox looks pretty sitting next to my stereo equipment
> so maybe i'll keep it as a FE/BE after all. :)

Well, I was just referring to the native XBMC media player. There is a
Myth plugin script for XBMC that supposedly allows Live TV, and I
presume time stretch, but I can't get it to work with latest SVN, so
it's a non-starter for me (which is also the reason I can't run any of
the Myth/Debian/Xbox combos either).

Tom