[mythtv-users] Xine issues

Peter Osterberg Peter at supergirl.se
Tue Dec 13 02:59:07 EST 2005

I use XINE for playing DVD's since it has the ability to handle
DVD-menus. It works fine but I can't get it to integrate with Myth as I
can with Mplayer.
Mplayer starts almost instantly and doesn't show the KDE desktop before
it starts. Anyway thats a minor problem but if anyone know please tell
me how to stop XINE from bringing the desktop to the front.

The second problem is a bit more irritating. It seems that Xine doesn't
decode the video "fast" enough. I get strange behaviors on fast moving
scenes. On slow scenes detail is very good but it gets "jerky" in the
fast ones.
I had this problem with ordinary TV in Myth before but someone pointed
me to a setting that eliminated this problem. Are there any equal
settings in Xine that will do the same?

Sincerely,
Peter Ísterberg