[mythtv-users] Touchscreen

GREG & AMY LINDLEY glindley2 at msn.com
Tue Dec 13 16:26:28 EST 2005

Matt,

No, I haven't pointed out mythtv functionality specifically.  Mythtv will
work with a mouse and since a touchscreen functions just like a mouse (just
a different /dev device in the xorg.conf file), there really isn't anything
special that needs to be done.  You can navigate the menus simply by putting
your finger on them.  I did it because, well lets face it, although some
folks are adept at using remotes, others are well, not.  The menu system in
MythTV is easy enough to navigate with a touchscreen for those who can't
figure out the (typically) mislabeled remote or don't care to try.  Besides,
it was a fun project 8).  Best source is probably the IBM article pointed
out earlier:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-playscreen/

Thanks,
Greg