[mythtv-users] Re: Does anybody know that how MythTV deal with EPG which download from Zap2it.com in North Amercia

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 13 22:11:31 EST 2005

Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:

> YanJun Lu wrote:
>
>> HI team
>>     It is well know that TV listing that is EPG be written by XML, on
>> the other hand, mythfilldatabase of MythTV to grab EPG data from
>> Zap2it.com in north Amercia while be running.all EPG data be save as
>> a XML file , then Mythtv process the XML file through perl or
>> function.so, I want to know that how can I to get the sample XML file.
>

> You can get a sample file here:
>
> http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/zap2it/gold_sample.xml

That's a sample DataDirect file.  For a sample XMLTV file, check out the
info at xmltv.org.  If nothing else, you can install XMLTV and download
a file using any grabber--even though it's not for your local channels.
That's the nice thing about the World Wide Web's being
"world-wide"--even from China you could download listings for the UK
It's probably easiest to download with non-US grabbers (so you don't
need to create a DataDirect account).

Mike