[mythtv-users] Confused about video card

Micha Kersloot micha at kovoks.nl
Thu Dec 15 14:38:05 EST 2005

Hi,

Nick schreef:
> On 14/12/05, Micha Kersloot <micha at kovoks.nl> wrote:
>>
>>I've found that the Ati card has quite a better quality output on my
>>Television (SVIDEO) than the NVidia card. On the other side, BOB isn't
>>working (a static 'screendump' flickering with the life stream) and i'm
>>unable to do anything with overscan and/or shifting the output to center
>>on my TV. Those functions are working on the nvidia card, but the
>>quality is like vhs video quality.
>

> The fglrx driver comes with a utility (you need to compile it yourself
> though I think) that enables you to change overscan settings when
> using TV-Out.

That's true, but the moving options don't work (if found in the
mailinglists that's allready for a longer time.) And if I turn the
overscan function on in the xorg.conf configuration, I end with a
gray-scale picture. There is a new fglrx driver (8.20.x) that defaults
to use Overscan, so I can't use that driver at all.

At the moment i'm digging in the nvidia solution and got it allmost good
  working. There is only a little ehh.. lagging? Like the old frame
stays and the new one is already drawn. So it looks a little like the
mouse pointer in the old times, dragging a little tail. I've enabled
deinterlacing Bob and that makes it better, but doesn't solve the
problem completely.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Micha Kersloot

Op de hoogte blijven? Schrijf je nu in voor de nieuwsbrief!
http://www.kovoks.nl/index.phtml?table=contactnbrf