[mythtv-users] Slave Tuner not used ?

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:28:33 EST 2005

Ok, I don't get it,,,

I set up a second backend with a tuner, and got that all running
just fine.  Can watch live TV while another show is recording,
can watch PIP etc.

Today I was watching live TV at the Master (using the master's
tuner), when a scheduled recording came due.

It popped up and asked me the three choices,
(exit, watch+Record, skip)
and when I did not respond it arbitrarily chose watch+record, and
took me from the program I was watching to the one that
was due to record.

Why?

Why didn't it record using the Slave while I watched
what I wanted at the Master?

The slave WAS available, in fact I stopped watching the
recording program and watched TV at the master using the
Slaves Tuner.

How do you set a recording profile to use any available
tuner?