[mythtv-users] remotes (yet AGAIN)

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Dec 16 10:12:07 EST 2005

Lee wrote:

>>> I noticed the same during 2 months. Change your batteries and you
>>> will be happy.
>>

>> I use rechargable NiMH. I just charged them a few days ago. No luck.
>>

> I don't have a Hauppauge remote, but I have tried running other
> remotes on rechargeable batteries, and a lot of them just won't, I
> guess due to the lower voltage that the rechargeables push out ...
> Stick a fresh set of Alkalines in the remote and try it again, you
> never know...

I didn't realize the voltages were different (I use my NiMH
batteries in everything, and I've never had a problem before),
but this page seems to confirm that:

http://www.greenbatteries.com/nibafa.html

I'll buy a set of alkalines tonight and give it a try. Can't hurt.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net