[mythtv-users] Graphics card recommendation

Cymen Vig cymenvig at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 14:11:31 EST 2005

On 11/23/05, Bob <spam at homeurl.co.uk> wrote:
> Mike Robinson wrote:
> > Bryan Halter wrote:
> >
> >> well I'd probably go with the fx 6xxx series for PCI-E.  I'm very
> >> pleased with my AGP and PCI fx5200s and wouldn't dream of switching to
> >> ATI
> >
> > Would you recommend getting a PCI FX5200 and a motherboard with PCIe in
> > case I want to upgrade in the future?
>
> Get both, ASRock 939Dual-SATA2: With AGP and PCIe (and IDE)
> http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050916/index.html

I recently purchased both an Asrock K8NF4G-SATA2 and an Asorck
775Dual-915GL. Neither support fan speed control under linux. The
K8NF4G claims to support Cool 'n Quiet but it my Asus K8V SE Deluxe
worked far better (it would lower the CPU fan and case fan speed much
more than the Asrock board). I believe that Asrock cheaped out and
didn't connect the PWM/fan speed controller outputs to the fans (the
inputs do read fan speed). Maybe their higher end boards support these
features.