[mythtv-users] fine tuning live

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Fri Dec 16 15:18:03 EST 2005

> On Friday 16 December 2005 13:00, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>> Re: [mythtv-users] fine tuning live
> Frequencies can be entered directly in mythtv-setup. Nothing to calculate
> or
> finetuning, instead of channel # plus finetuning, frequency at the palce
> where you would normally enter the channel number.

That's what I ended up doing, having messed about a bit with p-tune.pl
(sorry if that's the wrong name for it, I'm at another box)whilst watching
the output in Mplayer. I was wondering if there was a way of bypassing the
extra step and doing the messing about directly in Myth.

In fact I'm unable to tune any of the channels adequately using my current
unstable builds of ivtv and Myth, Reception was much better before, using
the previous unstable ivtv (3.7b as I remember), and Myth .18. Which is
why I've been messing about with fine tuning. The problem seems to be in
ivtv orthe firmware, as the picture is at least as bad in MPlayer. I'll
have a go at rolling these back when I get time.

Cheers

Marius