[mythtv-users] Glitches in firewire capture from DCT-6200

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 15:31:48 EST 2005

Steve, running the commands you and curtis specified:

plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].channel=63
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].bcast_connection=1

greatly improves my firewire reliability.  However, I still find it almost
unusable due to some slowdown/stuttering in the image.  (I also have a
PVR-250 which works flawlessly)  I know it's not my network, so I was very
curious to try out the data_rate command you listed above, thinking that it
might fix this issue.  (plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].data_rate=3)

Running this command and then plugreport shows that the data_rate variable
does get set to 3, (before it was zero), HOWEVER, as soon as I begin to
record a show or watch live TV, it immediately gets set back to zero.  You
mentioned that you run this through a cron job every hour, although I'm
finding that if I try to set the data_rate back to 3 while something is
recording, it immediately freezes and stops recording.

Any other tricks or ideas to somehow keep this setting  at 3?  (or anything
greater than zero)