[mythtv-users] Playing dvb nuv files with vlc

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 18:15:38 EST 2005

On 12/17/05, Mike Ryan <mythtv at redmar.com> wrote:

> May be of interest/use to this list. I finally got vlc to compile. I've
> documented everything here http://www.londoncrime.org/blog
>
> If I get the thing to work fully with myth file I'll document it all
> and post an update
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike

If there ever was a piece of software designed by a committee
it would have to be vlc.

The whole ui and options panel is a total nightmare, with
the ability to tweak everything and no guidance on any of it.

What is really needed is for someone to put a new frontend
on that monster like the Kaffiene did with xine.