[mythtv-users] Video card recommendation for 24" LCD (1920x1200)

Andy Leung angelflow at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 03:48:23 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm planning a new PC. It will run myth but also act
as my work PC and web/app/database server. I'll only
watch myth on my computer monitor (not on TV) which
will be Dell 2405FPW. The resolution of that monitor
is 1920x1200.

>From what I read about Myth, the recommended video
card is Nvidia 5200. But according to the dell website
(
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/learnmore/learnmore.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&~id=monitors&~line=desktops&~mode=popup&~series=optix&~tab=other#tn1
), 5200 does not support the resolution of the 2405FPW
monitor.

Now I could go with a higher end Nvidia card. But I've
also read that newer Nvidia cards have dropped support
for Xvideo hardware scaling (do I need that?). Also
I'd prefer to have a fanless card if at all possible.
Any card you'd recommend for my situation? Thanks a
lot.

Andy