[mythtv-users] Adventures in HDTV - Notes from the trenches

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Mon Dec 19 08:34:39 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 01:31 -0800, Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. wrote:

> m> 1) Try and ensure that the TV you intend to purchase does not -require-
> m> HDCP enabled input sources for HDMI or DVI connections before you make a
> m> purchase.  This has a number of bad side effects, listed below.
>

>         Do you know which displays have this requirement?  (It seems
> like a poor decision to intentionally not provide backward
> compatibility.)

All I can say is that my Panasonic CT-34WX15 definitely has the issue.
They state in the manual that the TV is not for use with a PC, which
might be something other manufacturers state as well. I did run across
other people saying the same thing about their TVs, but since they
weren't any of the models I was looking at, I didn't keep track of which
ones have the issue.

        Sorry,
            --Matt