[mythtv-users] Adventures in HDTV - Notes from the trenches

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Mon Dec 19 10:02:06 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 09:38 -0500, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> > Doug,
> >     Thanks for pointing out that I am an idiot ;) I had been assuming
> > that the reason that Myth wasn't using opengl-vsync, even though I had
> > compiled in the support,  was because of the Sync to Vblank settings
> > in nvidia-settings. Your prompting made me take another look, and
> > realize that the version of 0.18.1 that I have is missing the defines
> > to enable OpenGL VBlank syning. Compiling now... and crossing my
> > fingers :)
>
> Is that a configure option? Wondering if it's on by default in Gentoo's
> 0.18.1 when compiled with nVidia support.

It is a configure option, but the problem actually lies in
libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro. You may need to make this:

using_opengl_vsync {
    CONFIG += opengl
}

Look like this:

using_opengl_vsync {
    CONFIG += opengl
    DEFINES += USING_OPENGL_VSYNC
}

The issue has been addressed in the development version.

        --Matt