[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 20 14:05:29 EST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 23:26, Stephen Boddy wrote:
> On Monday 19 December 2005 23:02, James Oltman wrote:
> > I wish I could do that!  I am relatively to fully useless when it comes
> > to writing any kind of software.  Given enough time, I am sure I could
> > READ some code, but write it, definately not.  Haha.
> >
> > Jim
>
> It's OK, I was just pulling your leg.
>
> I was thinking about a python program (coz I'm good at python, lousy at C)
> that would fuzzy string match the channel name against the web site icons,
> retrieve them and amend the db. Should be doable.

Okay, find the first cut attached. You need python and the python-mysql libs.
Go through the settings at the top, and change them for your situation. Then
just run the program. It's all self explanatory. I've only tested it for the
UK. Let me know if you have probs (or even better, fixes) and I'll help out
where I can. It's not commented, and probably fragile in places, but it works
for me!

Oooh my first contribution back to Myth. It may be small, but I've got a warm
fuzzy feeling ;-)

Have fun...
--
Steve Boddy