[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 20:47:06 EST 2005

On 12/20/05, Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > >  I assume you editted the script to point it at your database,
> > > icon storage locations and set your country info ?
> >
> > yup
>
> Okay, cut and paste you settings section. Another idea is to try and run
> ethereal. So; Are you seeing traffic to the machine with the db? I'm assuming
> you're running the script on a different machine. If you are, did you allow
> remote machine access to the db with the grant commands from the MythTV docs?
> Are you seeing traffic to Lyng-Sat website? It can take several seconds, even
> with the less profligate UK logos. Only once all this is done will you see a
> prompt.
> --
> Steve Boddy

Got it working now... I'll also try to come up with a master list for
most of the major cable networks in the US.

However, I already see a problem.  Where I live, my lists comes from 3
seperate sources:

http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/us-in.html
http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/us-il.html
and
http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/us.html

So, I've got to change it each time I want to run, and skip the ones
that don't apply.  I tried putting us-il, but it didn't work.  So, we
need to make sure that country codes that are more than two letters
works.

Matt