[mythtv-users] Any Feedback on using Myth on the ServerWorks LE-T chipset?

Tony McDowell svet-am at cableone.net
Wed Dec 21 23:07:14 EST 2005

as folks may recall from my previous posts, I'm building my latest myth
box on Tyan Thunder S2518GNR mainboard (dual Socket370 with the
ServerWorks III LE chipset).  I'm having a bit of an issue with
stuttering right now, namely a slight out-of-sync between the video and
audio.  I know that the Via chipsets are known to have problems with DMA
timing.  Does anyone have any feedback, second-hand or not, on the
ServerWorks chipset that this mainboard uses?  My gut tells me that the
ServerWorks chipset should have little to do with my problem since I'm
running my HDDs from the onboard Promise controller.