[mythtv-users] DVB subtitles comments

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Thu Dec 22 20:35:23 EST 2005

Hello all,

Referring to DVB-T subtitles, and I'm using Freeview in the UK.

Been away for 3 months, and have seen lots of subtitle bug fixes since,
which is excellent, so have checked out the latest SVN version of MythTV
and was well impressed with the bug fixes, but one glaring bug *still*
hasn't been fixed - subtitles on E4 (and I imagine, on other channels)
hasn't been fixed.  Or do I need to do something on my own end?

You can see examples of this on:

http://www.biased.org/misc/mythtv/P1010088.JPG
http://www.biased.org/misc/mythtv/P1010089.JPG

(Yes, I'm ignoring the blue line on the far left ;))

Also, I now note even if "Always use closed captions" is enabled in
settings, I now have to manually turn subtitles on every time I watch TV
or view a recording via the menu - quite annoying considering I use
subtitles all the time.  Is there another setting to enable subtitles to
work all the time?

But those 2 are my only 2 complaints about subs and pleased with most of
the bug fixes.  Cheers to those who did them :)

Cheers!

Piers