[mythtv-users] Using MythTV as a non-TV recording device

Matt Lane lanewaves at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 10:45:39 EST 2005

I am doing something similar for my church.  I have a Mythtv system build to
record all of the services and then we burn them (with the myth box) to DVD
for members to purchase.

Yes it is over kill but it works well.  I can manually set a recording so
the tech guys don't have to worry about a thing.  We don't do any editing so
that is not a concern (yet).

I considered using a whole host of progs on Linux but most of the editing
progs have issues with large files.  My research is a few months dated so I
don't know if that has been addressed.  Still, having the ability to
schedule a recording and then have everything cataloged in Mythtv works very
well for us.