[mythtv-users] Newbie's Hardware any problems?

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 20:05:12 EST 2005

On 12/23/05, Dewey Smolka <dsmolka at gmail.com> wrote:

> All things considered I'd probably go first for WD or Seagate, second
> for Maxtor. I can't recommend Samsung.

Well, nowdays (or very soon) Maxtor will BE Seagate...

I've also had really good luck with the Ex-IBM Hitachi
drives even tho there was a period where many people
reported problems with them.  I've never had one
fail and I use them in production servers a lot.

The first WD I put in this MythBox of mine was bad
out of the box, and Its replacement has been
solid.

If At all possible I like to have two drives, one
for the OS, and one for Myth and the database.
That way you can reformat with less hassle.