[mythtv-users] Problems running Myth - segfault starting liveTV

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Dec 28 00:50:24 EST 2005

On 8/23/05, Blastzone <blastzone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, next step was to build the proprietary ATI driver and see if that
> helped.  Nope.
> So I'm running the fglrx driver instead of the radeon driver in X, but
> no joy, still segfaulting.
>
> I did manage to figure out the security lockdown in gentoo's X
> (go into the /usr/X11R6/bin/startx script and pull the --nolisten tcp
> flag)
>
> and get some GDB output.  What I got was all the same log messages
> (see above) but also this line after the segfault:
>
> #0 0xb65b6dbc in nanosleep  () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> I hope that helps - it's frustrating being so close, and so far.
>
> Is there at least a hack that I can use in the interim to point "watch
> recordings" to mplayer instead of the internal player?  trying to find
> shows by 1066_YYYYMMDDhhmm_etc.  is not easy.

If it helps any, I am having the EXACT same problem with my setup (gentoo,
brand new install, Radeon Mobility 7500. myth worked fine with the normal
ati drivers, crashes with a segfault with the radeon DRI OpenGL drivers. I
have the nvidia use flag turned off. is myth hardcoded to use nvidia for
some reason? Logically, it should not be trying to open /dev/nvidia0 at ALL
if I have nvidia turned off.

 - Jeff