[mythtv-users] Diseqc Switching still not working?

Wim Fokkens wimfokkens at planet.nl
Wed Dec 28 05:47:39 EST 2005

Hello

I am running knoppmyth R5A26. I have a 4 way diseqc switch.

LNB1 is astra 19.2 LNB2 is astra 28.2 and LNB3 is hotbird 13.0.

If I run mythsetup I am not able to scan channels at LNB 2 & 3.

I tried with a Technotrend Budget and a KNC1 satellite card.

If I bypass the diseqc switch I am able to scan the channels.

I searched the user list and I found the following.

DVB, Diseqc and scan

At the end of this discusion Johan had found a solution.

>Hi all

>I've fixed my problem thx to Arne Varholm. I found some old postings on
>the dev mailing list about the issue I'm facing so i contacted one of
>the fellows in the discussion and Arne told me that I could comment out
>the following lines in dvbdiseqc.cpp

>if (ioctl(fd_frontend, FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST, SEC_MINI_A ) == -1)
>{
>ERRNO("FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST failed");
>return false;
>}

>Now it works like a charm. My C++ skills ar very basic and I do not know
>how to file a bug report (if this is a bug) so that it can be
>implemented in the source distribution. The code fragment above is still
>in the CVS. But as i said, my C++ skills are very basic and I do not if
>one just can remove these lines without disturbing something else

>Johan

Does this bug still exist in knoppmyth R5A26?

Wim