[mythtv-users] Eh - unrequested recording of live TV?!

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Dec 28 11:06:31 EST 2005

Chris Picton wrote:

> Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>
>>> schedule, etc.  It would be an absolute ballache to have to delete
>>> all the mini recordings.
>>>

>> You don't have to. Myth will auto expire them after I think a
>> configurable period of time( a day? )
>>
> Can you auto expire them after a second?
>
> My machine is running short on space.  I am always fighting to keep
> enough space free for the next few scheduled recordings.
> I have never turned on auto-expire, though as my recorded shows are
> hardly ever rebroadcast, so I don't want them deleted.  Can you set
> myth to only autoexpire a certain subset of your recordings?

Of course.  Each recording schedule has an autoexpire/don't autoexpire
setting that is set at record time and can be changed post-recording as
needed.

> . Plus if at anytime more space is required for a regular recording
> myth will expire livetv recordings first.
> Will it auto-expire while recording (Ie, if there is only 500Mb free
> and dropping fast, start autoexpiring)?

Yes.  As long as your auto-expire check frequency is high enough.  I
have mine set to a few minutes so that it will catch when I do things
like copy a large DVD rip to the partition, etc.

Kevin