[mythtv-users] Recording HD content from a Comcast/Dish/DTV box

Jason Weinstein potuncle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 19:55:40 EST 2005

What about getting a HDTV hardware-based encoder that can take component in?

You could then go from the cable box via component to the encoder in the
computer and have DVI or component going from the computer to your TV. Use
LIRC and a IR-blaster to control your cable box.

I, personally am sticking to OTA HDTV and not paying for trash.