[mythtv-users] "This is close to an existing cut point" -> missing option

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Dec 28 22:29:57 EST 2005

On 12/28/05, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/28/05, Jeff Simpson <jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu> wrote:
> >
> > What I wanted to do was "place a cutpoint here anyway" since the video I
> > was cropping to was only 5-10 seconds long for parts. Does that option make
> > sense to add?
>

> I'd like to see that option too.  If no one else picks it up, I'll take a
> look at the code.
>
> --Wendy

I just tried to get around it by manually cropping the video with avidemux2,
but that seems to change the format somehow to make it not work in dvd / vcd
making programs (dvdauthor, dvdstyler, vcdimager, etc). it's not something I
would often use, but it would make sense to have it there for the power
users (since it's really only the power users would would be using the edit
cutpoint feature at all, really)

 - jeff