[mythtv-users] Re: Samba 3 better than NFS 3 for recording over Ethernet

Ray Lischner linux at tempest-sw.com
Thu Dec 29 23:23:39 EST 2005

On Thursday 29 December 2005 10:32 pm, Steve Adeff wrote:

> so for those of you with successful NFS mounts running over 100bT and
> 1000bT, what mount settings are you using for your NFS mounts?

I use the default performance settings (Suse 10) for my Gigabit Ethernet
network. The disk is my bottleneck, not my network, so there's no point
in trying to tweak rsize, wsize, etc. The defaults include nfsvers=3
and tcp, so I don't worry about UDP and fragmentation on the Gigabit
network.
--
Ray Lischner