[mythtv-users] libmpeg2 works? / HDTV on an Athlon 2600+?

David Wood obsidian at panix.com
Sun Feb 27 15:48:28 UTC 2005

Hi everyone. I am still working on libmpeg2.

No joy so far. I recompiled following Tom's example here (thinking
perhaps OpenGL or RandR - only two differences for me - might be
significant enough on their own), and I have gone from 256MB to 1GB of
RAM in the box (following another suggestion that I might be binding on
RAM). I've also done a lot of comparison and searching in the code based
on Jared's suggestion of running "mythfrontend -v playback" (thanks
Jared!).

>From this I know that at least some part of the libmpeg2 code is
running, but other than that I am still not getting results. It could be
a problem in the library or something else in the setup that's cheesing
up the pipeline. I have disabled the obvious stuff (filters,
deinterlacing) but there are many possibilities.

My next idea is to examine the "-v playback" output from someone who has
HDTV playback working on a "slow" processor with libmpeg2.

Tom, I hate to ask you another favor, but is it possible for you to run
your frontend "-v playback" and attach the output from having watched
some 1080 video?

-David