[mythtv-users] DVD's won't play since .17 upgrade

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 18:45:27 UTC 2005

I have not been able to play or rip DVDs since I upgraded to .17.   I
am running under FC3 and I did both my original install of .16 and my
upgrade to .17 using apt-get.

Under .16 I was able to get DVD playback and import working by
disabling automount  and creating a symbolic link from /dev/dvd to
/media/cdrom1 (my dvd player).

Now, when I select "play DVD" from the OPtical Drives menu, nothing
happens, and if I select "Import DVD" I get the "No Jobs. Checking
and/or Waiting for DVD player" message.

Does anybody have an suggestions or ideas for me?  I'm running out of
them myself.