[mythtv-users] New Style Hauppauge Remote

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Sun Feb 27 22:24:42 UTC 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 21:26, Ken Mink wrote:
> I saw that Hauppauge has a new remote control for sale. According to
> the text on the site, it's compatible with existing boards. Has anyone
> purchased one yet for use with MythTV? If so, were there any problems
> getting it configured? It's got many more buttons and looks like it
> would be well worth it. I'm using a PVR-250, so obviously I'm
> wondering how well they play together. If this has been covered
> before, my apologies.
>
> http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware.asp#remote
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

It's the Hauppauge Silver remote which I got working with my Nova-T. I had to
patch my driver but it works a treat. I'm not sure about the PVR-250 driver
and whether it supports it already but maybe the patch could be incorporated
without too much effort if it doesn't.

I followed the instructions here:

http://spamtastic.demon.co.uk/v4l/

--