[mythtv-users] Need recommendation for upgradeable system

sean darcy seandarcy at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 23:11:39 UTC 2005

>I am in the USA and planning on building a Gentoo MythTV system.
>Currently I have the standard Direct TV with no HD since I don't have
>a HD tv yet.  I am working on putting together an Intel 3.0ghz/512meg
>system to plug into my entertainment system.  I am thinking of using a
>HD-3000 card for TV input and an Nvidia card for TV output.

I've just finished putting together almost exactly that:

2.8 ghz HT prescott
512 meg
Albatron nvidia 6600 pci -express
pcHDTV 3000

About $500

The nvidia 6600 was one of the few cards I found that had composite, s-video
AND component tv-out ( It also has dvi, but my hdtv doesn't have dvi in.)

OTOH, I still trying  to get mythtv working on it :(

sean