[mythtv-users] MythTV Install Documentation

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 02:18:00 UTC 2005

Pretty interesting so far but my question is what about those of us
that are going to buy a system specifically for the purpose of setting
up a myth box.

The documentation does not make this clear and I am still not sure
what I should get!!

- Is a hauppage decoder necessary???
- with a fast enough processor can I use any TV capture card? (ANY???)
- am i going to run into linux driver problems with "any-ol" tv capture card?
- What would you guys recommend for a good Myth System at a good price?

(be careful! based on what you guys recommend, I am going to go out
and buy it! so be kind.)