[mythtv-users] Problem playing back firewire recordings

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Mon Feb 28 12:25:33 UTC 2005

I've got an extremely odd little problem.  I'm using a dct-6200 to record
HDTV via the firewire code.  Now, this works fantastically for most channels
and it never misses a recording now.

However, for some recordings I cannot play them back using MythTV.  I get a
preview video when I'm browsing in the recordings screen and I can play it
with mplayer and other players. Everytime I try to play them with Myth,
however, it segfaults the front end.  Nothing appears in any of my errors
logs.

I'm at a wall as to how to debug this.  Any thoughts?

-Todd