[mythtv-users] I think mythweb 0.17 is killing mythbackend

Mark J. Scheller mjs at yoink.net
Mon Feb 28 19:58:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 13:17 +0000, Neil Bird wrote:

>    Since upgrading to 0.17 last W/E [ATrpms], mythbackend has died
> without logs twice.  Both times, I'd been fiddling around in mythweb
> looking at recorded items & schedules shortly beforehand.
>
>    *May* not be related, just very suspicious.  I'll check over the W/E
> when I'm not worried about losing the backend to see if I can trigger
> it, but in the meantime, anyone else seen anything like this recently?

Yup, any time I use mythweb and then a recording starts later,
mythbackend croaks.  This is since I upgraded to 0.17 and with either
the 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 kernel or 2.6.10-1.766_FC3 kernel.  By avoiding all
access via mythweb it's been rock solid for many days on end
(2.6.9-1.681_FC3 kernel -- just did the upgrade to the latest one and
we'll see how it goes).

So you're not alone.....

-mS