[mythtv-users] I think mythweb 0.17 is killing mythbackend

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Mon Feb 28 21:14:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:21:19 -0700, Shawn Asmussen
<shawn.asmussen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:58:34 -0500, Mark J. Scheller <mjs at yoink.net>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 13:17 +0000, Neil Bird wrote:
>>  Since upgrading to 0.17 last W/E [ATrpms], mythbackend has died
> without
>> logs twice. Both times, I'd been fiddling around in mythweb
> looking at
>> recorded items & schedules shortly beforehand.
>
>  *May* not be related, just
>> very suspicious. I'll check over the W/E
> when I'm not worried about losing
>> the backend to see if I can trigger
> it, but in the meantime, anyone else
>> seen anything like this recently?
>> Yup, any time I use mythweb and then a recording starts later,
>> mythbackend
>> croaks.  This is since I upgraded to 0.17 and with either the
>> 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 kernel or 2.6.10-1.766_FC3 kernel.  By avoiding all
>> access
>> via mythweb it's been rock solid for many days on end (2.6.9-1.681_FC3
>> kernel -- just did the upgrade to the latest one and we'll see how it
>> goes).
>>
>> So you're not alone.....
>>

> I've noticed issues with the 0.17 mythweb also. My mythbackend has
> died on two separate occasions when I deleted a recording through
> mythweb. I've pretty much stopped using mythweb altogether to keep my
> system stable.

I have exactly the same situation... had it on my Myth box (combined
backend/frontend) both when it was running Gentoo and I upgraded from
0.16, and right now when I'm running FC3 installed using Jarod's guide
last week.

My mythweb still runs on another server (used that as a file server and
netbooted the Myth box before), but everything else runs on the Myth box.

/ Niklas