[mythtv-users] Nebula card not detected in MythTv

Ian Collington myth at iancollington.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 17:34:58 EST 2005

Hi there (and Happy New Year).

I have been having a play trying to get MythTv to see my Nebula DigiTv
card but I have not had much luck. I am using Mandrake 10.1 Official
which uses the 2.6.8.1-12mdk kernel.

I have recompiled MythTV with DVB support but the setup program reports
that there is no device on any of the DVB Card Number options.

While I have searched the Internet for information I have not been able
to find much about the 2.6 kernel. From what I have read I think that
the card and drivers are being loaded. At the end of this mail is a
listing of dmesg which I believe is telling me that the card is working.

I have tried using scan from the linuxtv dvb drivers but this only
reports that 'No such device or address' can be found at
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0. I had to run the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script to
create these though!

I have also tried using xawtv and scantv but nothing is found. xawtv
shows a blue screen and nothing else. scantv doesn't find anything
either - it only reports 'no station'.

I also read somewhere that by doing a 'cat /dev/video0' would prove
whether the card was working or not. When I do this I get a continuous
stream of the text '#Ô#r#Ô#r#Ô#r#Ô#r#Ô#r#Ô#...'. As this doesn't appear
to be an error message I assume the card is working?

I really have no idea where to go from here so if anyone can provide any
help or pointers I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ian

*****************

#dmesg
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
bttv: driver version 0.9.15 loaded
bttv: using 8 buffers with 2080k (520 pages) each for capture
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:01:06.0, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio: 0xe0000000
bttv0: detected: Nebula Electronics DigiTV [card=104], PCI subsystem ID
is 0071:0101
bttv0: using: Nebula Electronics DigiTV [card=104,autodetected]
bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00ff00cb [init]
bttv0: using tuner=-1
bttv0: registered device video0
bttv0: registered device vbi0
bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 .. ok
bttv0: add subdevice "dvb0"
:
:
bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded
bt878: Bt878 AUDIO function found (0).
bt878(0): Bt878 (rev 17) at 01:06.1, irq: 5, latency: 32, memory: 0xe0001000
attach: checking "bt878 #0 [sw]"
find by pci: checking "bt878 #0 [sw]"
attach: "bt878 #0 [sw]", to card 0
DVB: registering new adapter (Neb).
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (NxtWave NXT6000)...