[mythtv-users] Argh! Constant Problems... This Time Mythbackend Keeps Dying

David Bosiljevac dave at sanman.ca
Sat Jan 1 18:59:42 EST 2005

I decided to upgrade my kernel and ivtv drivers a few days ago to see if the
freezing problem would go away when I watch live TV.

I can't say for sure that the freezing problem is gone, however, I'm noticing some
more annoying problems now.

For some reason, my backend will just die.  I can be watching live TV, touching
nothing, and I'll see an "ivtv: ENC: User stopped capture." in the mythbackend
logfile.  This also happens when the thing is left to its own devices to record.  I
missed a few hours of recording this morning because the backend died.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?  I've upgraded to Linux kernel 2.6.10
and ivtv drivers 0.2.0-rc3c.  I'm still using the Debian 0.16 binaries of Myth.

It seems as though I fix one problem, and another one pops up.  I'm almost at wits
end with this PVR.

:-((

--db