[mythtv-users] Audio Dies When Recording Starts

Rob Rosenfeld mythtv.org at rosenfeld.to
Sat Jan 1 19:29:57 EST 2005

My MythTV has been running well for a while now.  I'm been running CVS
on 2.6.9 kernel with alsa driver 1.07.  I last updated on 12/30 and
System Status reports the Myth version as 0.16.20041224-1.  Since the
last update, once a recording starts, audio is dead on the entire
system.  For example, today I had a scheduled recording.  I was watching
a show and I clicked the [sic] go ahead and record prompt.  The
recording started properly, but there was no audio.  Now that the
recording's done, I still have no audio.  It just isn't Myth, but no
audio app run as any user outputs any sound.  They don't report any
errors.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's happening or where to start
looking?