[mythtv-users] X output to both TV and monitor

Carlos Fernandez Sanz cfs-myth at nisupu.com
Sun Jan 2 14:17:11 EST 2005

John,

What I want is both screens to display the same contents... I don't want
to have one virtual area with the TV being at the right or bottom of the
monitor.

The thing is, with the nVidia card (which has TV out too, even though I
believe the PVR-350 has better quality) it works this way from the BIOS
messages until the X server is started. As soon as this happens, the TV
goes black (until I have "ConnectedMonitor TV" in the config file, in
this case the monitor goes black).

Surely there is a way to tell the X server that there are two devices to
use for display?

Thanks.