[mythtv-users] Everything works except recording and watching tv

Steve and Flower Hammond webshammo at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 17:15:31 EST 2005

I am using Fedora Core 3, and followed Jarrod's
directions line for line.

Things work fine and I dont see any errors in the
mythtvb log or commandline from mythfrontend.

Weather works, audio works, still working with getting
my video to show up in the list.

When I select "Watch TV" the screen goes to black, and
never comes back.  ctrl alt f4 and ctl alt f7 or
whatever, the screen stays blank.   I can log in thru
SSH from another computer but nothing I do there fixes
the monitor either.  init 3 - init 5 does not even
bring the screen back.  Only reboot will pull the
screen from being black.

I have a Pinnacle bttv card (works with awtv)  With
nvidia Geforce display card.  I am trying to get this
to work on just the monitor before hooking it up to
the TV.  I have the new nvidia drivers (6629?) which
does not work (X fails to start midway, locking the
machine) with driver set to "nvidia" as suggested in
the docs, but does work with driver set to "nv" (all
but Mythtv watch tv).

Thanx for any help I can get.