[mythtv-users] PVR350 Audio problems . . sigh

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 3 08:52:09 EST 2005

Lischka wrote:

>I bought a PVR-350 and tried it out on my main desktop setting up Knoppmyth
>on a partition on an old 40Gb disk that was lying around).  This went
>reasonably well although I had a lot of trouble setting up the UK tv
>grabber.  After many abortive attempts, the Knoppmyth hard disk failed, so I
>tried again under Gentoo (my main distro).  Again I got pretty close to
>where I wanted to be, but a different set of problems (2.6.4 and lirc didnt
>seem to be compatible).  Anyway, I got some TV shows successfully recorded,
>and even got myth through TV-Out onto the TV screen.
>
>Has anyone got any ideas what to try next?
>
>Any more diagnostic info to give me a clue as to what is wrong?
>
>Oh yes, I tried compiling the latest ivtv-0.3.2a drivers but it made no
>difference.

With the 0.1 versions, I had intermittently sound and no sound with my
Myth box. I used this hack which worked for me:

/usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -v input=7,output=1
/usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -v input=2,output=2

The 0.3 versions are experimental (that means unstable) at the moment.
Better try 0.2.0rc3c.