[mythtv-users] Data Direct Subscription Expires?

James Orr james at orrwhat.net
Mon Jan 3 09:54:28 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 14:01 -0800, Brad Templeton wrote:
> So, anybody speculate when they will decide to start charging?

They probably won't.  I work in the market research industry, and
believe me, they can make a lot of money off what they've got without
charging any of us.

They're in a situation where they can almost gaurantee a certain number
of completed surveys in a given time period.  Sure, the ones i've taken
so far seem to have been directed for internal use, but they could
easily put up surveys for 3rd parties.  They could even target specific
surveys to geographic areas or based on responses to previous surveys.
They've got a good thing going here.

The only down side is it's the same people taking the surveys every 3
months.

--
James Orr <james at orrwhat.net>