[mythtv-users] Audio Sync when exporting to DVD using Nuvexport

Gary Dawes garydawes at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 11:31:26 EST 2005

Having finally treat myself to a DVD burner for christmas, I have
started exporting shows to DVD, but have found that the audio is ahead
of the video by a small amount.

I have searched the various wikis, and mailing lists, and have found
various posts about this, but while different people have suggested
different things, none of them have worked for me, and noone else with
the problem has reported that they have solved the problem, and by what
method.

I'm running knoppmyth, with mythtv 0.16, and the latest versions of
transcode mjpegtools available from apt. I'm also running the latest
nuvexport (27/12).

I've checked my audio recording settings and they are at 48khz

I found one snippit of information which suggested running mpeg2desc -m
on the .mpg file to determine the audio offset, and then using that
information to reencode the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gary