Setting up LVM [was Re: [mythtv-users] ripping dvds of tv series (sopranos, alias, etc)]

Peter Judge peter at judge.co.za
Mon Jan 3 15:35:53 EST 2005

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 16:04 -0500, Justin Walther wrote:
> Peter,
> Please do write up your steps.  I'd love to see them and I'm sure many
> others would as well.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Justin

Seems a couple of people have done this already: Stroller has, on this
list, at http://www.gossamer-
threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/100624;#100624 , and there's a wiki entry
at Mythtv.info
( http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/AdministrationSoftware_2fLvmRaid ) .

What I will add is that life is a lot easier if you have your Myth stuff
on a separate partition to begin with (as Jarod recommends), although
Stroller's steps cover where that's not true. Also, once you've got an
existing logical volume set up, its a piece of cake adding new physical
volumes.

HTH,
Peter