[mythtv-users] More ATSC woes - Doug README - some stations now not beingreceived at all

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Mon Jan 3 18:40:57 EST 2005

Ok - I think I understand what may be going on here.  I hope the HTPC dev guys are reading this.  It seems the stations which have a subchannel 1 work fine.  There must have been a change recently in CVS where it used to fail-over to the next sub-channel.  This doesn't seem to be going on now. (I think anyway).

I've tested with mplayer (as shown below) and found that the one station which is having problems ("Game over man!" msg) is the only ATSC station which DOESN'T seem to have a sub-channel 1.  The other stations seem to all have a sub-channel 1 - other then this one.

See below:

bash-2.05b# mplayer -vo xv /dev/dtv0 -cache 8192 -tsprog 1
Playing /dev/dtv0.
Cache fill: 17.19% (1441792 bytes)    TS file format detected.
DEMUX OPEN, AUDIO_ID: -1, VIDEO_ID: -1, SUBTITLE_ID: -1,
PROBING UP TO 2000000, PROG: 1
NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  NO SUBS (yet)!
Opened TS demuxer, audio: ffffffff(pid -1), video: ffffffff(pid -1)...POS=4622
No stream found.

Exiting... (End of file)